Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Rocky Shore 3.18.12

My goal for March has been to find a better balance in my life. One of the things that has been helping is getting back to spending one day on the weekend using my camera. Not only does this allow me to take photos to share with you, but it also helps me recharge. Taking photographs is a time to focus on something I am passionate about and something that brings me joy. This past weekend, my mom and I headed to Kitsap Memorial Park after a fun ride on the ferry from Seattle to Bremerton. The weather was not the best, but the rain had stopped and the sun was peeking out a bit. With the weather being what it was, I was drawn to the shells and rocks covering the beach. I thought it was the perfect place to capture some natural texture. I really like the end result after a bit of a clean edit in Lightroom. I also attempted a self-portrait. I framed the shot, set the settings and then had my mom take the photo. While there are elements I like, I am still not a fan of my self-portraits. I am determined to continue to try though. What do you think of the photos below? Thank you for sharing!

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/4000, f/2.0 (cloudy wb)
Intent: The texture of the shell and the color of the rocks


Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/2500, f/2.5 (cloudy wb)
Intent: The texture and detail of the barnacles

Settings: ISO 200, 41mm, ss1/320, f/5.0 (cloudy wb)
Intent: The leading line to the canal and to use the available light
"A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for." - John A. Shedd

  

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE these photos! I love texture in shots, and these are gorgeous. Can't wait to stop by and see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your second macro photo.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these shots too!
    I haven't tried self portraits but I hear it is an important part of a photographer's journey. I need to try it out at some point. You are inspiring me :) (I don't have a tripod, that is another hindrance)
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You live in such a beautiful place. Sounds like a fun outing. Great images!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.