Monday, April 2, 2012

Tones on Tuesday #29 4.3.12

I apologize for the lateness in visiting and commenting on your photos. I was not feeling well this past week and the worst of it was this weekend. Despite that, seeing your photos and have the privilege to host this link up is always a highlight of my week! Thank you for coming on this journey with me! Without further ado, the showcases from last week...

Lisa at With Words: Lisa Gordon Photography
Lisa hosted a fabulous link up called The Creative Exchange that she unfortunately had to put on hold for a while. I was sad to see the link up end, but excited to see that Lisa is still photographing and sharing her work with us. I love the timeless, soft feel of black and white and the glow of it. What a beautiful capture! Thank you for sharing with us Lisa.

The bright pink is stunning and I love how it contrasts with the soft processing and texture. There is also a nostalgic feel to the photo that conjures up images of a bouquet from the past. Beautiful job Amy, thank you for linking up!

Creamy black and white tones, soft texture and a beautiful subject make for a great photo! A great story regarding this feline supervisor just add to the adorable photo. Thank you for sharing Nancy!

Lisa, Amy and Nancy please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

I am going to continue with my photos from two weekends ago as I have only posted one and I didn't get out to shoot this weekend due to feeling under the weather. I am still working to find that elusive balance between photography, work and my personal life. Instead of beating myself up about it, though, I am going to cut back on my posting and try to alleviate a bit of the pressure I have placed on myself. My goal with this blog as always been to become a better photographer and to learn from the many talented photographers I have the pleasure of interacting with through their blogs. With that in mind, I think keeping my joy and reducing my stress is important. 

Now, for the my photo this week...
For this photo I again used the zone system that I wrote about last week. In this case, I metered off the sky and then put it in Zone VI or overexposed by one stop. Again, this tutorial does a much better job of explaining it than I did. Here is the SOOC photo:

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/1250, f/5.6 (cloudy wb)
Intent: The vastness of the field and the contrast between the yellow and blue

I liked the balance of colors, but they were sort of blah. So I did a clean edit in Lightroom with the basic settings and then moved to Photoshop to use the Content Aware fill feature to remove the houses in the background as I felt they were a bit distracting. I then ran Pioneer Woman's Lovely and Ethereal and Oh So Posh Actions I Dream in Color actions. What do you think? 

Edit - Lightroom and Photoshop
Intent: Make the colors pop and give it a bit of a vintage feel
“A host of golden daffodils; Beside the lake, beneath the trees, Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.” - William Wordsworth

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!

 Sweet Shot Day  Live, Love, Travel     and then, she {snapped} 


13 comments:

  1. I really love the way you edited your picture. I sure does pop now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice photos and post-processing of the last one.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to the winners! wonderful pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the lovely Lisa farm. Your photo is beautiful with an interesting perspective on this field of yellow flowers. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your daffs, the processing worked so well there, thank you for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those are so beautiful! Love your edit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the shout-out, Emily! Very much appreciated.

    Love your photo today -- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your edit is beautiful!!! I really love that shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, I would love to be there and take few photos of these daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have bright tones from my morning walks today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so very much Emily!
    I love your edit today.
    Such bright and cheerful colors.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your final image- that yellow is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! I like your post-processing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.