Monday, September 17, 2012

Tones on Tuesday #46 09.18.12

Thank you for taking the time to link up your photos! I enjoy seeing such beautiful images each week!

Bhavesh at Chaukhat.com
Stunning color and detail in this beautiful photo! Thank you for sharing with us Bhavesh!

Emily at Stop! She's got a Camera!
Another plant shot and another example of amazing, vibrant color and exquisite detail. Thank you for linking up Emily!

Stephanie at Gilded Photo Albums
Stephanie titled this post "Journey Back in Time," which is seems very fitting! I love the vintage feel of this photo and how all of the processing adds to that feel. Thank you for sharing Stephanie!

Bhavesh, Emily and Stephanie please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

This weekend I had the opportunity to go to my favorite place, the beach! The sun was shining, but it was quite chilly with a bit of a wind. For me, though, any day at the beach is an amazing day no matter the weather. I decided to solely use my 50mm lens to become familiar with it and see what it could do for me in terms of sharpness. I definetly see a difference from my kit lens and along with back button focusing and other things I have been doing to achieve sharp photos, I am happy with the results. For the photo below I wanted to capture the solitude of the beach (only the die hards were out for any long period of time :o). I decided to go creative with the editing to change the hazy dull sky to something a bit more vibrant. Just basic settings to achieve this. I really like the stillness of this photo. 

Settings: ISO 100, 50mm, ss1/200, f/11
"What is the good of your stars and trees, your sunrise and the wind, if they do not enter into our daily lives?" - E. M. Forster


Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley      and then, she {snapped} 

4 comments:

  1. I think your photo looks great! And good choice on a brighter sky I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color scheme of your photo, Emily. Thanks so much for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos speak of many emotions. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.