Monday, September 24, 2012

Tones on Tuesday #47 9.25.12

I wrote my first tips and tricks post about capturing sunbursts. I would love if you checked it out! You can read it here.

It was nearly impossible to narrow down the showcases this week. I tried to pick just 3, but I had to do 4 this time. Thank you for linking up here. Your images blow me away each week!

Laurie at Pride in Photos
The light and texture in this photo is beautiful! The detail just pulls you in. Thank you for sharing Laurie!

What a lovely shot and a beautiful place! The black and white is soft and the light is lovely. Thank you for linking up Kathy!

Arlene at Crafty Momma
The color and light in this photo is stunning and the fact that it was taken with an iPhone is impressive. Putting this spot on my list of places to visit. Thank you for sharing Arlene!

Brighton at Dear Brighton
This photo has such a lovely dreamy feel. The depth of field is beautiful and the perspective is wonderful. Thank you for linking up Brighton!

Laurie, Kathy, Arlene and Brighton please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

This weekend I went to the Puyallup Fair, a local tradition. I have been going since I was little and I always enjoy it. I have a few things I have to do when I visit. First, I have to buy a bunch of scones to freeze and enjoy. Yes, they are that good :o)! Second, I have to walk around and photograph the rides. And last I have to see the photography exhibition. This is usually my favorite part of the fair and this year was no different. I love getting inspiration and trying to see techniques and the way a photo was taken. While I was walking around this year I heard someone commenting that viewing the photography is only fun when you know someone who has a picture there. I completely disagree, but that could be my love of photography talking :o)! Next year I hope to enter one of my photos. 

I also have to share that in the same building as the photos is a craft section. Set up there was a table with scarves, yarn and knitting needles that invited you to knit a bit and said that the scarves would be donated after the fair. My mom who I went with sat for a while to add a few rows while I was looking at the photographs. How cool is that? I love the fair!

Settings: ISO 100, 50mm, ss1/400, f/11
"It takes an endless amount of history to make even a little tradition." - Henry James

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley      and then, she {snapped} 

8 comments:

  1. Great choices on your behalf - especially from 'You'll Shoot Your Eye Out' and 'Dear Brighton'. Your capture is great - I'm yet to have the skill to be able to shoot a building in terms of getting what's important in the frame. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I love going to the fair too. Ours has great fudge instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words on my image....very much appreciated! I did grab my button☺ This is one of my favorite linky parties...great job!
    Laurie @ Pride in Photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics that you found! Love the look and feel of your hot scones picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the showcased pictures are all great and I especially like the dandelion!
    Thank you so much for hosting each week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That iphone pic is gorgeous! I love that you showcase photos you liked. That really sets you apart from other link parties. Love the sunburst tips too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.