Thursday, January 31, 2013

Reverse 365: January 2013 Wrap-Up

I cannot believe that I did it, I posted a photo a day for a month! I am doing a Reverse 365 where I edit a photo from last year that I have not edited or posted previously. Each month, I plan to reflect on my progress and showcase the month of photos in a collage. So here goes January 2013...

Number of photos: 31
Locations: Around my house / Tokeland, WA / Long Beach, WA / Siletz Bay, OR / Beverly Beach, OR / Alki, WA / Kirkland, WA / Clark Lake Park, Kent, WA / Seattle Ferry Terminal, Seattle, WA / Seattle - Bremerton Ferry, WA / Bremerton - Seattle Ferry, WA / Mount Vernon, WA / Chuckanut Drive, Mount Vernon, WA
Editing Techniques Focus: Adjustment Brush in Lightroom and Soft Glow in Photoshop
Tutorials Used: Soft Glow in Photoshop and Creating a Collage Template in Lightroom (though I did the text in Photoshop as I could not make it work with the Slideshow mode)

What I Learned: The biggest thing that I learned during this process is that I find many more photos I "like" when I give it a little time. Initially after a shoot I often look at the photos and feel disappointed that I didn't get more "good" ones. I think that is because my goal is to get my shots to be the best they can SOOC (straight out of camera). With this process the goal is to edit photos so they don't necessarily have to be the best SOOC. That coupled with some time away from the images has made this whole thing a truly enjoyable process. I can't wait to see what the next month brings!

*I also learned a lot about the adjustment brush and the soft glow that I will be sharing in a future tips and tricks post.*


I am looking for more Project 365, Reverse Project 365 and Project 52s to follow. If you have one and would be willing to share let me know in the comments or on the Facebook page.

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.