Monday, March 4, 2013

Tones on Tuesday #68 3.5.13

I love the softness of this photo and the amazing catchlights in the eye. A stunning black and white with a dreamy quality! Thank you for sharing Mona!

Mock-Turtle at Jack's Paper Moon
An adorably handsome little man, a cute expression and those gorgeous blue eyes...what more could a photo have? I just hope when I have kids one day I can take pictures of them half as amazing as this one! Thank you for sharing Mock-Turtle!

I love the soft tones, the pattern and the way the depth of field focuses your eye on the silverware closest to the front of the frame. A lovely image (you should check out the other images from this post as well, they are stunning!). Thank you for sharing Kathy!

Mona, Mock-Turtle and Kathy please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday. If you link up more than once only the first photo will be considered for showcasing.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

This weekend my mom and I headed up to Seattle on a somewhat sunny day. We decided to head to the Olympic Sculpture Park after waiting a bit for the parking to become available. It never fails that on a sunny day we Pacific Northwesterners will be out and about in droves. One thing I love about living here is that the sun is never taken for granted :o). I didn't have too high of hopes for the sunset due to the clouds constantly on the move, but I was pleasantly surprised with some beautiful color before the sun dipped behind the clouds. Those pictures will be up on Thursday. The picture below was taken on the way back to the car during the start of the blue hour. I loved the feel of this running sculpture and in honor of Tones on Tuesday I changed some of the tones to purple. I used a combination of editing in Lightroom and Photoshop to achieve this look. I am not a runner but I can feel the sense of freedom here and it makes me wish I did run. 

Settings: ISO 1600, 50mm, ss1/800, f/6.3
"May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back." - Irish Proverb

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley  Inspired Tuesday



11 comments:

  1. Hi! I'd like to be informed when Linky is working again! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to the winners! so beautiful pics! :)
    my link is here:
    http://tinaspicstory.blogspot.de/2013/03/7-sachen.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked a couple of great pics this week. Thanks for the party as always. Appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours has such a great dreamy feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful features and great party, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost forgot to come back to check on Linky! Thanks for this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great image, sillouhette & processing against that beautiful sky.
    Have a wonderful week. I am joinning you through Our World Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely tones and shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for linking up with Inspired Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your forks and spoons :) Andy I spy a for without a spoon ;) Thanks for linking up with Inspired Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.