Monday, July 8, 2013

Tones on Tuesday #83 7.9.13

Happy July! I thought I was going to be back on track this month with all my editing and posting, but I have been in an editing rut. I have had an amazing time shooting lately, but I get to editing and my excitement wanes. I am hoping to get back to enjoying editing soon. Anyone else going through a rut right now? What do you do to get back to enjoying the process?

Now onto Tones on Tuesday! I would like to try something new with the link up. I would like to invite you to choose the showcases for the week. I love providing a bit of acknowledgement to your talent by showcasing photos, but with just me picking you are only seeing my picks. I would love to have other perspectives. If you would like to participate and pick the 3 showcased photos for the week please read the guidelines below and then email me. I hope to start this next week!

Guidelines for picking showcased photos...
1. You must wait until the link up has closed on Friday night and look at all of the photos.
2. You must pick 3 photos and write a sentence describing what catches your eye about each photo.
3. You must email me the links to each photo and the descriptions by midnight on Sunday.
4. Most likely goes without saying, but you cannot pick your own photo.
5. Have an alternate or two ready in case one of the photos you have chosen does not follow the guidelines.

Please email me at scatteredhorizons.esc@gmail.com if you are interested!

Also, don't forget to link back to Scattered Horizons so your photo can be considered for showcasing!

Synnöve at Seraphina's Phantasie
I love the sense of place in this photo. The natural colors and textures are lovely as well. Thank you for sharing!

Laurie at Pride in Photos
I love the details in this photo. The prickly parts, the buds and the ridges all combine to showcase this beautiful and misunderstood plant. Thank you for linking up!

Pieni at Pieni Lintu
Beautiful dramatic light and a lovely collection of flowers. Thank you for sharing this lovely image!

Synnöve, Laurie and Pieni please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday. If you link up more than once only the first photo will be considered for showcasing.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link to Scattered Horizons to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

As I mentioned, I have been having a lot of fun shooting lately. Here is a shot from a photography meet up I went to with the Clickin Moms in my area. We went to a strawberry patch to pick berries. Here is a shot of blackberries and one of rasperries - I did not pick these :).

I also made a new watermark. What do you think?

Settings: ISO 100, 100mm, ss1/50, f/2.8

Settings: ISO 100, 100mm, ss1/80, f/2.8
"Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go." - Natalie Goldberg


Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley  Inspired Tuesday 


14 comments:

  1. Thank you Emily dear!! <3

    Oh, those berries look so delicious!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have picked up the shine and texture of the berries beautifully. I want to eat them too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots especially the building. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy fruit Emily.

    As far as an editing rut, I generally search out a different app or software to rejuvenate myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The berries are so summery and fresh! Love those and your new logo is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Emily for the showcase♥ You are a great hostess and it is always fun to come here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! AMAZING photos! I was going to tell you how much I enjoyed seeing your blackberry shot on Tuesday Muse, especially since I sure miss those luscious things! But, then there were wonderful other photos to see here as well with your own meme. Enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Emily, for hosting this meme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow another fun carnival to visit on tuesdays
    come and link up with us on Travel photo Mondays....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from Tuesday Muse. - Your berries look yummy. I just got some fresh blackberries this week and hope to make a pie in the next day or two with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My 2 favorite berries! Your photos make them look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Pictures as allways. Your berries look yummi :)

    As for the watermark I think it was a bit "loud". Maybe if you tone it down just a littlebit?

    I recognise the stillness of editing at times. Sometimes it`s fun to sit and edit for hours, and sometimes it feels more as a job then fun. Sites as yours make me want to contribute, so don`t stop! :)

    Greetings from Huldra in norway :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.