Sunday, April 5, 2015

That Time I Fulfilled a Life Long Dream of Photographing Crater Lake...

For as long as I can remember growing up there was a photo of Crater Lake hanging in our house. It was taken with a film camera in the 70s or 80s and the colors had faded, but it was still stunning to me. I dreamed of visiting that place and once I discovered my passion for photography of photographing it as well. I attempted the trip in my old car and ended up killing that car resulting in never making it to the lake. In 2013 I finally made it! We drove all the way around the rim of the crater (which I highly recommend) and stopped at almost all the viewpoints. I had rented a 17-40mm lens and fell in love with wide angle on that trip. 

I cannot put into words the feeling of the majestic place combined with finally realizing a long held dream. I am hoping this picture will do what I cannot.

Settings: ISO 100, 32mm, f/16, ss1/15sec
Taken at Crater Lake in Oregon on 07.22.13
"Crater Lake National Park is one of the country’s crown jewels. No place else on earth combines a deep pure lake, so blue in color; sheer surrounding cliffs, almost 2,000 feet high; a picturesque island and a violent volcanic past."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.